Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Talbot




At the Family History Centre we have a great view, through some large picture windows, into a cobble-stone street called the 'Mews'.

The used-to-be carriage barns are all now houses that are valued at upwards of £2m. One day last week I looked out and saw a remarkable car. With camera in hand I went for a look.

The car turned out to be a 1930 Talbot, and not just any old Talbot, but the one that competed in the 1930 Le Mans 24-hour race and took 3rd place. It looked totally in original condition without any restoration. Here are a few pictures and the race results.

















6 comments:

kilani said...

Hi ,

I have Few Cents for You :P

And nice blog btw

kilani said...

Hi ,

I have Few Cents for You :P

And nice blog btw

Charmaine Anderson said...

Wouldn't it be great to ride through the English countryside in that!

Barb said...

Oh, that would be great to go for a ride in it. The gentleman was not too friendly so I don't think that will happen. Jim was lucky to be able to take a few pictures.
I hope you all enjoy the shot of the "mews" I can't believe they cost so much. It is crazy!!

Julie Freeman said...

That was worth the mission right there huh Dad?! Cool car!

Jane said...

Very cool. I'm sure that car was talked about quite a bit between you and Don! You may need to go private since you got some random comment. weird.