Sunday, October 26, 2008

Where we spend our days.


It has been a busy and good week at the London Family History Centre. Monday morning a gentleman came up to me and said he was so excited because he had put a note on a file on one of his ancestors and he heard from a cousin that he had never met. He didn't care that I couldn't help with his search, but he sure loved that I would listen to his family story. He said, "this has made my week and it is only Monday." People that love family history, really love it and spend hours in their search.

Another patron learned from a microfilm of notes that her ancestor had been murdered in Ireland. Many interesting and very nice people come in every day.
We are going to the National Archives tomorrow. It is our p-day and our leader Sharon Hintze thought this would be a good way for us to enjoy it.

2 comments:

Jane said...

So neat for you guys to see people get so excited about it. Love these details and stories. Missing you tons.

Julie Freeman said...

See Mom, you have the best purpose there - to listen to the people. That is what you are blessed with and the people are blessed to have you there. I can tell you I'm missing you listening to me!