Sunday, December 14, 2008

Fun - Full Week in London

We've enjoyed a busy week with many fun activities. December is typically a slow month in the Family History Center and we have had fewer patrons than usual, but we had a shipment of 800 new films to check, label, sort and find a place for. Our director, Sharon Hintze, who has been out of town for several weeks is back and she always finds extra interesting duties for us. We have several patrons who spend many hours at our center and they have been kind with gifts of flowers, cards and treats. They express their appreciation for all we do.

After many hours of practicing the Bells, we had our premier performance at Zone Conference on Thursday. I was nervous, but we played well and it was fun. On Friday evening after closing the Center at 6:00PM, we walked to a busy corner and played the 6 songs we know over and over for an hour while the young elders handed out pass-along cards and talked to anyone who would listen, about the church. We played again on Sunday night, after the broadcast of the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional, for a special musical program that the Hyde Park Institute Choir presented to the Stake. The place was packed and we played 4 numbers. It was a special evening. ......... Sister Watts

3 comments:

Julie Freeman said...

I want to hear your bells! I bet it was awesome, I can just see you guys standing on the corner playing. I have a HElper, helping me type!77777777 Hi from Avammmmm

Barb said...

what a cute little helper. I do remember cute little helpers. Now I miss them.

shaunacd said...

I'm interested to know that you've been playing the bells. I played in a bell choir for about 3 years in Maplewood and loved it.
Your activities are so interesting! What an exciting time in your life. I couldn't be more envious.