Sunday, November 08, 2009

Medieval Gem - Rye

P1000334

Rye is a medieval town perched on a hill over looking the most narrow part of the English Channel in East Sussex.  It seems almost suspended in time reflecting an unhurried charm of years long gone. P-day again and we’re off to explore more of this amazing country.  The entrance gate above was constructed in 1329 AD

 

P1000293

Ypres Tower looks formidable with this English maiden guarding the entrance.

Lady Watts

And here’s Lady Watts at the Millinery Shop.

Click on the cobblestone street below to take a photo trip with us through the medieval town of Rye……

P1000316

Best wishes to all….

Elder & Sister Watts

5 comments:

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Freeman said...

How fun! You look adorable in that hat Mom! I am dying at how gorgeous some of those cobblestone roads and houses are. What a photographers dream! How fast can I get there with my kiddos and a lot of memory cards?

Barb said...

It truly is a photographers dream. Don't you love the way Dad removed my wrinkles? The shop had amazing hats, but that one had my name on it. I loved it!
We enjoyed this day with the Scotts, Little's, Inskeeps, and the Harbrechts.

Michelle said...

I am struck by your last name.. I am researching my family tree and their are Watts from England in it (and living relatives still there by that last name)... Are you from this area or just traveling in Europe? It is not a hugely common last name and just had to ask! Your photos are amazing btw... All places I would love to see one day. Thank you.

Opal Services said...

Hi friend, we provite family and group travels in india. Visit India, India Travel,

India Travels
, India Travel Packages, Visit India 2010