Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Goose Fat


The miracle of food in England is "Free Range!" All the quality (more expensive) foods come from free range..... free range eggs, free range chickens, free range cows, free range pigs. Somehow the eggs, milk and meat from critters in pens is second class. Well..... Jana bought us some "Free Range" Pure Goose Fat, which has sat on 'me' shelf (as the English would say) for six weeks.

With a little help from the internet recipe reservoir Sister Watts cooked up some free range potatoes using Pure goose fat. Not too bad -- but then, as with any gourmet chef, Chef Barbarez's skills in the culinary arts

could make any food tres magnifique!


Happy gourmet eating.
Elder & Sister Watts

4 comments:

shaunacd said...

yuck! (sorry)

Julie Freeman said...

I know Mom is a good cook but goose fat?!? I bet if you cooked it for me and didn't tell me it would be divine!

Barb said...

Click on the goose fat so you can see the label, but do not, enlarge the potatoes - they look terrible. Would you believe they are delicious and I have prepared them three times. Jana paid 4 pounds for the little jar. That's about 6 and a half dollars. I can't just throw it away can I?

Jane said...

way to be adventurous! That sounds totally gross, but really what's the difference between that and crisco. This is probably better. Potatoes look delicious.